Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's time for...

Ten On Tuesday.
This week Ten on Tuesday I thought that i would list

Ten memories of Pop culture items/ memories from your childhood.
This has been totally inspired by watching  Talkin' bout your Generation. I love that show!

1. Cabbage Patch Kids- Although they have been re released, I was lucky enough to have 2 of the original ones. A "Preemie" named "Grace yuelie" that I "adopted and changed her name to "Camilla Jane" and a yellow haired doll named "Marjorie Elloise" that I adopted and changed her name to "Kimberley Elloise" I loved them!nJasmine has them now and they still have their original clothing.

2. A Ghetto Blaster- (A fancy name for a tape recorder/ radio) I thought that I was so cool because I got one  that had speakers that you could remove!!

3. Hyper Colour T shirts- I never had one but my brother got a blue/ purple tie dye look one, they were so fun!

4. Stack Hats- when bike helmets became an important tool/accessory for riding the super ugly, chunky "stack hat" was the coolest helmet you could have, they were so ugly! LOL!!!

5- Spokey Dokies- on the topic of bikes, those little plastic things that you put on the spokes of your bike wheels and they clicked together as the wheels turned while you were riding. We never had any but the kids around the block did and we used to take a couple of theirs to out on our bikes, what a crack up!!

6- Commodore 64 computer game console- We had one of these and we thought it was awesome, it would take forever for the tape deck to load the game up and coloured stripes would flash accross the screen while it was loading. I can't really remember many of the games except for Jump man Junior and impossible Mission - the tag line at the beginning of each level on this game was..... Stay a while, stay FOREVER!!! LOL!

7- Music- I was pretty obsessed with New Kids on The Block- Hanging Tough, The Right Stuff LOL!! quality music.


8-Movies- When I was little Annie was one of my favourite movies, It's A Hard Knock Life. other movies-The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty In Pink....... Molly Ringwald.



9-  Funny Face ice blocks, I used to buy them at the tuckshop at primary school with a hand full of 1 and 2 cent pieces.

10- Bubble Skirts and Ra Ra skirts......... I can't believe bubble skirts came back in, only now they are called puff ball skirts and all the teeny boppers wear them and think that they are totally cool and original!  

That is my list for this week, I would love to see what are your favourite pop culture memories......

I have just one project to share tonight, I have a heap of photos of layouts to share but haven't got them off the camera, I will do that tomorrow. The project tonight was the gift that I made for Ethan's  Prep teacher for Christmas, I was really happy with how it turned out and I hoped that she liked it. She was such an amazing teacher who worked wonders with my little man and I really wanted to give her something nice that expressed our appreciation .

I will be back again soon to post those pictures and I have been playing so will have a few new layouts to share.
Take Care-
Tam xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment