Wednesday, June 19, 2013

We are back from Darwin. My fracture clinic appointment/ follow up didn't quite go as hoped. My right wrist is healing well and the surgeon is happy with the progress however my left wrist is a different story. An xray and ct scan revealed that the bone hasn't healed well and there was concern about the stability of the bone graft and plate as one of the screws is sitting very close to the joint which isnt ideal. The decisions made to put another cast on for 4 more weeks with a review again then. If it hasnt healed then i guess it is back into surgery for me. I was feeling pretty down yesterday and the worryingbthing is that my left hand is my dominant hand. The positive is that we can still go on our planned road trip as the surgeon gave the go ahead which is a good thing. Just trying take each day as it comes.

June 19, 2013 at 08:27PM via Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment